Race Start Simulation
The Swim Start app is a training aid for swimming race start practice.
It is compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Start swim groups at fixed intervals with “Take Your Marks” and “GO” sounds.
Use an external speaker attached to an iPhone or iPad for improved sound volume.
Select built-in or custom “Take Your Marks” and ‘Go’ signal sounds.
Sample “Take Your Marks” sound.
Sample “GO” signal.
Continuous or Limited
- Enable continuous mode or limit to a specified number of race repetitions.
- Select Repeat Interval. Default is every 10 seconds.
- The pause between the “On Your Marks” and “Go” sounds.
- Can be a Fixed or Random pause time from one repetition to the next.
- When Fixed Pause is enabled:
- Set the fixed pause time between “On Your Marks” and “Go” sound.
- The pause range is 0.5 to 2 seconds.
Sync to External Clock
- Synchronise the SwimStart app to an external swim clock on the pool deck.
- Start at either Red or Black top.
Remote Control and Replication
The Remote Control and Replication feature allows several remote iOS devices running SwimStart to connect to a Primary iOS device (running swim start).
- Multiple remote iOS devices will replicate the Primary.
- Remote units can start/stop Primary.
- Primary will start/stop all connected remote units.
- Range can be up to 100m depending on obstacles.
- Only available on newer iOS devices with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) hardware.
Swim Start App Info
Updated: May 29, 2018
Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
Device Family: iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Author: David Mayes
© David Mayes 2018